NEED AN ESTIMATE?
Contact Us Today
Popcorn ceilings were the fashion in the 1970’s and 80’s…hello 21st century! Maybe your home was built in the 70’s or 80’s and you’re tired of looking at those dirty out-of-date ceilings. It’s one of those “I’ll get around to it” type of jobs that you finally decided to tackle. Many of your neighbors decided to upgrade their home’s look and now it’s your turn. You deserve to come home to a fresh up to date look.
Removing popcorn from your ceilings is a straightforward job, and some people choose to do it themselves. It can be a messy chore, not to mention it’s dirty and time-consuming. This is why your friends and neighbors choose to invest in a professional popcorn removal contractor to complete the task, saving you stress, time, and mess.
The interior painting professionals at Harmony Painting do the whole job starting from removing the old texture, applying the new texture, and finishing it off with a clean coat of paint. When you see the transformation in your ceilings, you’ll be glad you made the right choice…as will others in your home!
Why Choose Harmony Painting?
We can say that we’re the best popcorn ceiling removal company around Denver, but that means nothing. Ask your neighbors and read our awesome 5 star reviews from homeowners just like you. Look at our before and after gallery. This is the level of quality and finish you can expect when you hire us for these types of jobs.
- Here’s some feedback we’ve received from previous clients:
- Professionals in everything we do.
- We are also homeowners, so understand what you’re looking for and the quality of work you demand.
- We treat you and your home with respect.
- We’ll always call ahead to let you know when we’re on our way.
- We carry full liability insurance – in the unlikely event we damage your home, you’re 100% covered.
- Harmony Painters holds an A+ rating with the BBB of Denver
DIY Popcorn Ceiling Removal vs. Hiring a Professional
Homeowners can become a weekend expert after watching a couple of YouTube videos. As mentioned before, it is possible you can do it yourself, just know the risks and the time involved. Or, you can leave it to the Denver professionals.
Our Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
When you hire us for your next job, you’ll discover that we go the extra mile to give you that perfect look with the highest quality. Here’s our full process which you’ll find is way more comprehensive than the cheap ceiling repair companies. We’ve fine-tuned our process over the years to give you the best possible quality and experience.
- While in your home, we wear protective booties over our shoes.
- All lights and fans are removed.
- Vent covers and any recessed light covers are also removed. You don’t want to get paint and dirt on these items.
- The floors, walls and furniture are covered with plastic sheeting to create a dust bubble, which ensures dirt and dust are kept to a minimum.
- Furniture is moves as needed.
- The ceiling is lightly sprayed with water to soften the old material and minimize the dust.
- Scrape off the old popcorn texture.
- Final scrape and sand to ensure a clean surface. If you have a dirty and rough surface, the final product will look ugly!
- Repair any existing damage in the drywall / sheetrock and tape the seams.
- Dry the ceiling. This is an important step which many companies leave out.
- Spray on a medium splatter texture to match the walls.
- Prepare the new surface with ceiling primer.
- Paint with a high quality ceiling paint.
- Clean up after ourselves, take away the garbage and debris, wipe down surfaces and vacuum the floor.
Cost to Remove a Popcorn Ceiling
If someone gives you a really low price to do this job, you’ll probably want to be suspicious of the quality and end result. Ask them:
- How do you ensure that no mess is created?
- Do you have a guarantee? If so, how long?
- What texture do you use?
- What quality of ceiling paint do you use?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- What do other customers say about you?
- How long have you been doing this type of repair?
- Is there a lifetime guarantee on materials?
Since there are many variables that go into the pricing of popcorn ceiling removal, it is best to have an expert come out to assess the work and provide a quote.
Are we the cheapest popcorn ceiling removal firm in Denver? Probably not. If you’re after the lowest possible price, there are a lot of low quality companies around Denver. You’ll get just what you pay for. If you’re looking to have your ceilings updated with a guarantee on workmanship and not being able to tell that anyone was in your home (except for that awesome clean ceiling), then you’ll put your trust in Harmony Painting just like your neighbors have done for years.